ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – GRADES 1 TO 5
The Elementary School includes Grades 1-5 with three arms/streams at each grade level. Students are inspired and encouraged to be lifelong learners and worthy global citizens who contribute positively within a diverse and changing world.
Core subjects taught are: Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies (also including African Studies). The specialist subjects are: Computer (IT), Art, Music, Library, Bible/Moral Instruction, Physical Education and Mentoring.
The Elementary School curriculum is taught using modern instructional strategies by teachers who develop close relationships with students and hold students to high expectations of achievement.
The curriculum gives importance to the following core values:
- Educational excellence with a personal touch
- Developing leadership qualities
- Exploring and appreciating our cultural diversity
- Student-centered learning
- Developing personal and social responsibility
- Experiences that develop the whole child
- Student-centered learning and formal and informal assessment (daily student work products, end-of-unit/chapter assessments)
- An opportunity to learn basic technological skills.